Friday, April 17, 2015

Poland- part 1




77 years ago my great grandparents left their everything for a new life. 14 Years ago my family, my immediate family embarked on a journey. 12 years ago I embarked on a personal journey.
Today, I reminded myself
About the journeys I started 14 & 12years ago. 

Check how one goes from happiness to sadness. On one side of the world is all happiness, the circle has been completed. Dad became an American! Could not been more happy! All the hard work, al the efforts had paid off.
If my great grandparents would not have decided to leave just in time today we would not be here, would
Not be able to celebrate.

On the other side of the world, here I am, sitting in the middle of Treblinkax. There is over 200 people here and you do not hear a single soul. You hear the wind blowing, the trees moving, some birds cheeping, but there is not a single sounds. The sun makes his way out in within the clouds showing that there is a light, that there is always something to look forward too, that in every bad moment, there is a ray of light.
Today I been remind of who you are and where we come from.

12 years ago I participated in the Taglit-Birthright Israel trip and March of The Living to Poland and Israel. I went to the camps, I witnessed the horrific nightmares that the nazis made OUR family, OUR people feel. I had promised my self to come back, to be able to share, to talk, to feel, to empower others.
Today I am back, I am here, I am in Treblinka a place I had never felt, a place I had wished no one would ever have to feel.

Today, I am back.

As bad or unimaginable as it could be just picture 16,000 Jews in Auschwitz to say never again, to say WE are here and WE are standing strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment