Thursday, May 28, 2015

Kapadokya- Day 1

Day 1!

It deserves its own post! WoW!! 

Ok, so I arrived to Kapadokya at 10am after a 12hrs bus ride with wifi, ice cream, coffee, and snacks!

I'm doing this part of the trip with Rosa (a friend I met in the hostel in Istanbul).

After check-in in my hostel I met with Rosa for breakfast. We finished by 11ish and figure it was about time to do something. There are 3 official tours here: red,blue, and green. 

The red is close to where we are staying, so we figure instead of paying the money for the tour we will walk around. While waiting for rosa to grab some stuff at her hostel I heard some girls talking about renting bikes (and to be quite honest I rather bike than walk).


We asked Apo (owner of my hostel) and he wanted $45 for the day! We said no and left to town. We found a cute little shop and got 2 bikes for $20for 4hrs and after talking he gave us 25$ for 7hrs.

Thinking we got a deal we left as happy campers to Explore some ruins and caves, bikes, and have fun.

The caves are great! Lots of places to
Climb, things to see, the views are breathtaking, we had so much fun biking. We did some mountain biking and some road biking. We trusted strangers that they won't steal our bikes. I mean we locked them but to each other not to a pole. There are no poles in this place of the world! 

After 4 hrs of biking we decided it was enough. By the time we were returning the bikes we had bike 15km. Our tushies hurted, the bar handle was way to far, the way back was all uphill. 

We get to the store and walk in ready to ask for money back! Of course I did! I mentioned it and Adem (owner of bike shop, see picture below) said no, laughed and invited us to sit and chat for a bit.

He mentioned that only for us he would take us in a free ATV (all terrain vehicle, see pic below) ride! Hell ya we said yes! He was doing this ride to take pics to use for his flyer! Even more! 

We left to grab some stuff at our hostels and when we got back at 4:30pm we met the other 4 girls who were doing this!  Picture 4 turkey girls, very very white, they were special! Jajaja don't know what's the proper description, see pic below and judge for yourself!

We had a blast riding the ATV and taking pictures! Half way into the ride Adem invite us for a drink: coffee, fresh squezerze orange juices and ea. one of the girls graves my selfie stick and stared taking pics.

Adem and I start joking and told her that I bought it for $50 but will sell it for $40! The woman gave me the moneyyyyy!! True is that I paid $15! Jajaja I took the money and was going to buy 2 sticks with that money: one for me and one for Rosa.

We kept riding the ATV for another 1.5 hrs and we reached this beautiful place were we started taking pictures and etc.  at all times Adem and a friend were on a jeep leading the way. I did not realize that they were not here until rosa comes to me and tells me that we are having a bbq here! Jajaja Adem and friend went to buyChorizo, bread and sodas. Chill! We just spent some time grilling in the middle of nowhere.


As the fire gets started David an Asian looking guy who is from America shows up riding an ATV. He tells us that he got lost from his group and we convinced him to stay with us! He thought that we were a group and when we told him out story he was so shocked and stayed with us!

Now back in the hostel trying to process the day and honesty there are NO WORDS to describe how much fun, random, different, and beautiful today was!

THANK TOU ADEM!!! Thank you for seeing fun in U.S.! For inviting us in your journey, for taking care of us, and for showing how beautiful Kapodkya and its people are! THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment